View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 05:22 AM   #106
christpunchers
I AM SANDMAN HEAR ME ROAR

Default Re: Christian Bale v.s. Michael Keaton - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2014 View Post
I don't think that was at all intended to be taken that way, but it would make Batman the first superhero psychological thriller. That would be really interesting.

Pretty much.

If you prefer Michael Keaton's Batman, wouldn't be more appropriate since he wore the symbol with the ellipse, while Christian Bale wore the simple black bat? Just saying.
That's just how I see. Perhaps I'm wrong, Burton never intended for people to question whether Bruce is just making this **** up about Jack being his folks' killer in his subconscious mind as he goes along.

But yeah, it would add an extra edge to the whole thing.

Maybe every time he goes out into the night, he goes into a "trance" to remember his past, putting himself outside the false comfort zone of "normal" daylight and switching over to his true comfort zone, that he has to be Batman because he's afraid that his inaction might create another Bruce Wayne.

I sure like my Batman nutty, as opposed to GI-Joe I need more tumblers Stuntman Nolan-Bats.

EDIT: Lately I've been thinking about all the iconic things that have been morphed over by Nolan that were first found in Burton's two films.

Doesn't that Joker vs Batman scene in B89 remind you of Bale charging his bike against Heath's Joker?

What about in Begins, when Bale calls for "backup" and drops an emitter down a few floors for the bats to swarm to? There's a very similar sequence in Returns too.

I'm not sure if these things are just "nods" to the older films or what.

Last edited by christpunchers; 08-15-2011 at 05:28 AM.
christpunchers is offline   Reply With Quote