View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #44
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: So let's talk about Mask of the Phantasm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Rain View Post
i agree with the rachel part, i somewhat really didn't like this.

Quote:
with regards to andrea, i think it really humanised bruce, alot of people would say that his ration to take an event that traumatised him as a child and to run with it is verging on insanity. his interaction with andrea and his ability to love and almost heal makes him human. plus it makes his descent into batman a dual-event mixed with a long investment steady fall of the mind body and soul, followed by a complete collaspe of the heart.
Meh. Bruce's trauma is what makes him Batman, not some failed relationship. What humanizes Bruce is the fact that he is human.

I really hate this notion that a broken heart made Batman.

Quote:
which is why the scene of the birth of batman is that bit more potent.
The scene was potent (and one of the few that i really liked as much as some of the movies) because of the music and atmosphere.

I don't feel it more potent if I think that Bruce was probably misty-eyed and holding his sobbing back because Andrea had left him.

Quote:
infact, till then he had been unable to strike fear into people, and simply putting on a costume wouldn't have done it, he needed that transaction and inteaction with andrea to sell it.
And now Bruce needs a broken heart to know what fear is? Really, hate that concept.

Quote:
and the beautiful thing is that andrea is pretty much the same except for in this situation, she's proactive while bruce is reactive. BUT it's because of this, she can kill and he can't.
It's an interesting parallel. But if we have to add the romantic angle in the Batman origin formula, then no thanks.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote