View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #111
GothamAlleys
Side-Kick

Default Re: Christian Bale v.s. Michael Keaton - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by christpunchers View Post

EDIT: Lately I've been thinking about all the iconic things that have been morphed over by Nolan that were first found in Burton's two films.
There are quite a few things, eye makeup, black bodysuit, the cloth-to-glider cape, grapple gun, the mob scene with "youre crazy" comment, saving the girl and taking her back to the cave to give her the antidote for poison to name just a few. I was planning to write about all that at some point but thats in the future, plus I need to find the quote Im looking for from Nolan when he comments on things that B89 inspired in him. As they say, good ideas never get old

He didnt draw from Burton's movies only. Sonar eyes and Two Face's death by falling while the coin falls on the side after his death, there are some nods to Forever as well

Quote:
What about in Begins, when Bale calls for "backup" and drops an emitter down a few floors for the bats to swarm to? There's a very similar sequence in Returns too.
Thats a scene from Year One which was the main inspiration for Begins, but it could inspired Returns also