View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #52
Godzilla2014
Deadpan Snarker

Default Re: So let's talk about Mask of the Phantasm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
Agreed. When she left, he realized he had nothing left. The idea of a normal life was gone for him. Well, there was Alfred, but that is a different type of relationship.
True.

Quote:
Yeah, but Bruce tried to give up on being Batman to be with Rachel in TDK, too.
He also had the Joker threatening to kill people unless he exposed his identity as Batman.

Quote:
Right, but it's uncertain what would've become of Bruce had Rachel never dropped him off at Falcone's. Nolan's Bruce needed to be spoonfed a lot of moral codes and dilemmas to get into the mindset of becoming Batman. He was directionless, and I'm not sure that he would've gone on any journey around the world without Rachel and Falcone.
That's the point. He was a misguided young man lost in his desire for revenge before that scene.

Quote:
And again in TDK, he was willing to give up on being Batman to be with Rachel. In MOTP, I believe he wanted to financially help the police to make up for not being Batman, and in TDK he wanted to um...Well Dent was on the scene so apparently everyting would be fine now
In The Dark Knight, Bruce thought that Gotham City was approaching a day when it wouldn't need Batman because the police would do their jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by November Rain View Post
it wouldn't have added that much to the narrative to be fair, unless they decided to bring the phantasm back to the fold.

i quite liked the fact bruce never saw her again, some characters i feel are just not meant to reoccur.

unlike kyodia-ken, he definitely should have featured more, i thought he was aweome.
I'm not saying she should have reappeared, I just would have liked the events in the film to have been brought up again. Maybe just reference Andrea, without her actually showing up. That's all.

This post was brought to you by Godzilla.

http://i.imgur.com/6FNiJ.jpg

The more you know.
Godzilla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote