View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 04:50 PM   #42
November Rain
Single Mother

Default Re: Batman-"the most realistic" superhero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Interesting argument.
well alot of people have the will to want to make the world a better place but alot of people lack the opportunity.

batman's real superpower is infact a bottomless pit of money, no family responsibilities and no need to do a 9 to five.

but billionnaires like this already exist with less be honest, far more tragic upbringings than bats.

the batman concept is one that could not be formed in our world. It's far more simplistic than someone who wam gets powers and is already well on their way to actually be able to make a difference.

I'm not sure alot of people on these sites actually look at the superhero idealogy in its true fundamental role in a real world society in the correct light.

sure a human vigilante is more technically feasible but it's far from evolving in the way it does.

in our world powers would make superheroes, albeit if you had powers, the media are more than likely to cast you in a ying-yang role of superhero-manace-supervillain in a sinusoidal fashion depending on their needs and way you deal with issues.

the only difference between a superhero and a supervillain is who's writing the story. One could potentially depict doom as the saviour of the earth who would eventually bring that order and propserity it needs while the heroes deny him that opportunity.

nothign in our world is black and white.

November Rain is offline   Reply With Quote