View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #63
Clark Kent > Superman
Default Re: Batman-"the most realistic" superhero?

That's a fair reason not to quote I agree, it does happen and probably would if we continued.

I'm not going to go any further with this 'trope' stuff because I honestly don't see how fitting the two Superheroes into simplistic archtypes helps us achieve any sort of conclusion on who is the more realistic.

I guess the only thing I can really conclude from our arguement is that we have each taken our own subjective understanding of the term realistic.

I initially took it completely at face value, and then have attempted to see it from a contextual perspective.

You seem to have started argueing from a contextual perspective and have now moved into a more literary realism, that i'm just not sure has any reflection on the point I was actually making in the first place.

So it's like we're argueing apples and oranges

My points in summation:

1. In a completely literal, scientific sense, Batman is more realistic than Superman.

2. There are many many details of Superman's origin story that, even when taking into account the context of a world where powers and aliens exist, make him still more unrealistic in my eyes (i.e. Kents taking him in, Glasses as disguise etc).

And I think i'll just leave it at that!

Originally Posted by November Rain View Post

Well i'm not THAT bull headed. Especially Punisher, who is argueably more realistic even in a literal sense, than Batman is.

I just hadn't thought of him

Superman: Don't be afraid.
Lois: I'm not. Helicopters, danger, go, go, go! Then we'll talk.

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 08-23-2011 at 05:20 PM.
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote