View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #19
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
You can certainly make the case that SR could have been improved if Lex had been shown making advanced weapons and machines from the remaining crystals. (Just a small demonstration would have been sufficient.) Fair call. But it was quite clear from earlier dialogue that the crystals had this capability and that using them in this manner was very much part of Lex’s plan. It was also clear that Lex was simply waiting for NK to complete its formation – whereupon it would wipe out 4/5ths of the US and devastate many other countries too (as depicted in Lex’s map). So the military response that you speak of would be virtually non-existent.
You genuinely think the military would have taken THAT long to respond to a threat that big??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostpowerful View Post
Exactly.

They showed both sides of him well enough, imo; even though he had these amazing powers, he also had needs/feelings/desires like the rest of us humans beings. Did you see how sad he felt when Lois said she didn't love him? That's human. Or how happy he was when he realized he had a son? And he seemed very warm to me when he rescued Kitty and smiled back at her. Also when he asked Lois to 'please' come with him during the rooftop interview.

This is cinema. If you want to see Clark going to the bathroom, well you can watch Lois&Clark. That's what they do on a tv budget.
If I were to go into the complextities and subtlties involved in making a character more accesible to an audience, I would end up alienating alot of people from this debate... and i'd be giving myself a headache that only a qualification in film studies deserves...

But I can tell you for certain, that I found Matt Murdoch in Daredevil more accesible. I found every member of Fantastic Four more accesible (Actually, Sue Storm I'll give you )I found Green Lantern more accesible, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America. I found every single other movie interpretation of a superhero MORE accesible than I found SR's Superman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
I agree with 99.9% of everything you've said.

I see no point in me listing anything as you've pretty much covered alot of the issues I had with the film & I'd only be reiterating what you've already said.
Thankyou!!!!!!

It's always nice to know your not the ONLY one in the village!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote