View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 06:53 PM   #100
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Danny Elfman Appreciation Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-ManHero12 View Post
I 110% agree, and in fact, it's my favorite comic book film score of all time. Btw, I know exactly what you mean about the end part of the end credits theme. I thought I was the only one who thought that it expresses that Spidey will have more adventurer's and Peter will have more of the weight of the world on his shoulders in the future. A perfect score to represent an amazing character.
That's great. Glad to see someone else who gets it too. I never understood all the negativity for this score. I guess it's just a matter of taste. The score is very underrated, imo. The score's also complex and makes clever use of the themes (especially Spidey and Peter's) in a way that a lot superhero movies before haven't, imo. Elfman's score is a very textural score. The themes in it have so many layers. Elfman was able to do so many things with the themes.

You should comeback when I get to Spider-man 2 (on my continuing defense of Elfman's scores in the last decade). B/c you ain't seen nothing yet. I've got a lot of things to say about that score. It'll take some time though b/c I still have to talk about Elfman's Red Dragon, Hulk, and Big Fish score (before I get to Spidey 2). I can't wait myself.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote