View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 02:45 PM   #26
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Default Re: TDKR Story Spoilers and Rumors (NO DISCUSSION)

The Devin Faraci rumors before filming began:

January 30th, 2011:
Quote:
I’ve now heard from three different sources that there is another character in The Dark Knight Rises, one who ties the whole thing together. [...] I don’t know the answer to any of this, but I think that we’re going to soon learn this movie isn’t just about Bane and Selina Kyle.
March 2nd, 2011:
Quote:
As she herself confirmed, Anne Hathaway will be Catwoman in the movie. I can’t tell you what role she has in the beginning, but by the end of the story Catwoman isn’t a villain but rather an ally of Batman. And who are they teaming up to take out? The League of Shadows. Headed by Talia Al’Ghul. With Bane, who is her muscle/possible love interest. And with Joseph Gordon-Levitt in tow. Is he playing Black Mask? My source didn’t know, but did know that Levitt is certainly an antagonist and involved with the League of Shadows.
April 8th, 2011:
Quote:
My guess, based on the rough plot outline we broke last month, is that Pence’s scenes will involve the young Bane; what I’ve heard is that Bane becomes to the League of Shadows what they had hoped Bruce Wayne would be. In Star Wars parlance, ‘there is another.’ I’d guess that Ra’s was aware of young Bane growing up in a prison, and that the flashbacks will feature that. Might they also feature The League of Shadows attempting to destroy Gotham previously, when Bruce was a boy? In fact, might the flashbacks not compare and contrast young Bruce and young Bane? I wouldn’t be surprised at all. And by the way - do you think Pence will be the only actor playing Ra’s Al Ghul in this film? Hmmmm…..
April 19th, 2011:
Quote:
I suspect that Miranda Tate will be revealed as Talia Al Ghul, much as Ducard was revealed as Ra’s Al Ghul. Blake, on the other hand… my sources told me he would be someone sowing chaos in Gotham at the start of the film. Is my source wrong or is the description presented misleading?
April 27th, 2011:
Quote:
Expect a bunch of the League of Shadows. My sources – who have been pretty good so far – tell me that they’re casting Ra’s Al Ghul’s wife right now. We may get a serious look back at the life of Ra’s.
June 15th, 2011:
Quote:
As I said before, my scooper was under the impression that [Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul is] a cameo. I’ve also been told that they’re casting Al Ghul’s wife, so I suspect that both appear in a flashback.
Gary Oldman's comments before filming on the story:

March 8th, 2011:
Quote:
The scope of it and also the way he brings it back to 'Batman Begins,' and really what Bruce Wayne discovers about himself, what he learns about himself at the end of this one [will top off the trilogy]
March 9th, 2011:
Quote:
I think it's a villain from one of the old, old, from way back from the old comics. It is a Batman villian... It's not going to be the Joker. If I told you who the villain was, they'd kill me.
March 27th, 2011:
Quote:
I have quite a bit to do with Tom [Hardy] in this one.
Quote:
He sort of brings it back… he brings it around [to Batman Begins].
Gary Oldman's comment after finishing filming on his scenes with Tom Hardy:

December 14th, 2011
Quote:
The DARK KNIGHT RISES movie I’ve honestly had hardly anything to do with [Tom Hardy] as well. “Hardly Hardy.” [laughs] I’ve gotten to know him socially. Our paths crossed on the set of DARK KNIGHT, but we weren’t really… I’m in one scene with him, and then I’m unconscious and another scene where he’s in the room.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 05-15-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: fixed broken link
MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote