View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 06:10 AM   #11
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Default Re: Will Natalie Portman reprise the role of Jane Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
I actually enjoyed Sif far more than Jane in the movie. Not due to the actresses but because of how they were written. If for some reason Jane doesn't return in Thor 2 I wouldn't be too upset.
I get that people would like the girl with the sword vs the girl with the brain but its not like Sif had any character at all. All we know about her is that she is friends with Thor and is one of the few ladies in Asgard that likes to fight. She has no arc, she has no complexity, she has no dilemmas and Jaimie had no opportunity to show any range. Compare that to how developed Jane was and its not even close as to who is the better character. Jane was the leading lady, she was written as the leading lady. I don't want to lose all that, plus I'm hoping we will get some more of comic Jane's personality in the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Lucky you; I wish I had that mentality, so that I wouldn't risk feeling any type of upset if the worst case scenario did happen.lol

Be that as it may, I think, regardless of how people may feel about the character, that Jane's importance to Thor was set up in a big way that it'd be irresponsible to not conclude that cliffhanger; I mean to ignore that part or to just say that they reunited off screen and broke up would be like spitting at the quality and time that they spent in establishing the connection between the two in the first film.
That would not be acceptable. Neither would Jane conveniently losing her memories, being the victim of Odin's crap or being shown to be less worthy than any other character. I've got my eye on you Marvel. That sexist crap don't fly no more!