View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 02:09 PM   #14
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Default Re: Will Natalie Portman reprise the role of Jane Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
As an actress and as a person I really like Natalie Portman in a BFF way. I loved her portrayal of Jane Foster a lot. I don't think that she's consider being in another Thor movie as beneath her status despite winning an Oscar either. I'm sure she'll be back in some capacity in the future, but what I would like is for them to cast Donald Blake and have Jane go back to him. Thor and Sif should be paired up for obvious reasons, but as with the comics Raganarok should come to pass and leave Thor without Sif or Jane. I think it would be interesting to see Thor handle this loss of love with poise through the apparent death of Sif and to Jane by her falling in love with another man. Alternatively it would be interesting to see how Loki would handle things if he were to find love with another woman other than Sigyn, because as I seem to have gleaned from researching the characters in the comics he wasn't overly affectionate towards her. But I'm digressing! If Natalie does check out this forum from time to time, I would like to see her come back down the line when the little tot is old enough. She's such a wonderful person and I'm happy that she has herself a little family to prioritize above anything else!
Donald is Thor and Thor/Sif is a recurring pain in the rear. What are your obvious reasons by the way?

Two reasons Donald is a dead end in the movie-verse:
-Jane was clearly over her ex boyfriend Donald
-Ex Boyfriend Donald was just an excuse to give Thor his secret ID as a joke.

Lets hope they don't deal with Thor/Jane the way the comics did. Write Jane for the benefit of Jane and what works for her character. Both times Jane 'broke up' with Thor it was random and just as excuse to get Thor with Sif. It was never about Jane. Heck, Jane getting married wasn't even about Jane. They broke Thor and Sif up and needed a reason Thor didn't go back to Jane.

Call me crazy but for once can the girl get some love and respect from a writer? We're doing so well, the movie, Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Ultimates vs Ultimate Avengers and The Mighty Avenger have all turned the tide for her. Don't ruin it now.

Last edited by 04nbod; 09-09-2011 at 02:20 PM.
04nbod is offline   Reply With Quote