View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #20
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Will Natalie Portman reprise the role of Jane Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
All we have is a name. Dr Don Blake, Jane's Ex Boyf may not look like the Don we know at all.

I completely understand the movieverse Thor is different and that's why I asked for your obvious reasons as to why you want Thor/Sif. I think we've all come to terms with the fact Happy and Pepper are not going to happen, Favreau doesn't even look like Happy, Jane's not going to be a Doctor, Odin isn't a malevolent hole and Thor isn't going to get a magic secret ID and practice medicine. They are doing a decent job at streamlining the movieverse into the central, most powerful relationships and tensions in the comics. The next one for Thor is clashing with his father over Jane and her mortality.

As for whether Jane's in Thor 2. The interview on the front page with Stellan seems to confirm her involvement in Thor 2. If Marvel are talking to Stellan's agent about Selvig, then Jane can't be far behind.
Not to mention if they follow what's been in the Ulty universe, then it is highly likely that the Absence of Balder in the movie as well could mean Blake and Balder are one in the same.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote