View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #28
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Default Re: Will Natalie Portman reprise the role of Jane Foster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
I guess the gist of what I'm trying to say is that the Hero shouldn't always get the girl, and of course Thor would handle it in as decent and mature a way as possible.
That's already been done with Rachel Dawes though. We need to want them to succeed and if they are seperated pity them. I don't think we pity anyone if one of the characters randomly hooks up with someone else and even worse if Thor then just accepts it and starts on one of his friends.

I've always thought the best way to show Thor's growing humility is through his rejection of the idea Gods and Mortals have a heirarchical relationship. For Thor to say that this amazing but average girl is just as good as any goddess is showing his maturity. The tension never comes from a stupid love triangle, it comes from Odin and their differences. That is what makes it pretty unique in Superhero romances. By having Odin as this outside force trying to tear them apart we want them to stay together. To use Sif there would damage her character.Do we really want to go Team Jane vs Team Sif?

All of this should be left for the third though. The second has to be about Thor and Jane setting up a growing relationship on solid footing. We know they are interested in each other but we have to get to the point where they never want to be apart.