View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #60
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Default Re: The Video Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal el View Post
And Superman should be able to access certain buildings. Not being able to go in any building sucked in Superman Returns. You couldnt even go in the daily planet.

Landmarks that should be accessible to Superman
- Daily Planet
- Hospital
- Police Station
- Banks
- Starlabs
- City Hall
- Museum
- LexCorp

And all those places should allow missions kinda like GTA games.

Example 1 - Enter hospital & a doctor is needed but stuck in traffic. So Supes needs to find the doctor & bring him back to the hospital to help patients or deliver a baby

Example 2 - Enter Museum & a object has gone missing. Gather 2 clues from the scene & locate the object & bring it back

Example 3 - Enter Starlabs & Professor Hamilton needs you to gather some materials for a special project. Possibly building you a new suit that has better attributes for speed.

Now civilians need chatter. When walking by ppl they need to be acknowledging you which they didnt do in superman returns. Not even a hi superman or thanks .
I like all your ideas Kal el,I think you missed the fortress from the list of landmarks though,and possibly a phantom zone or Kandor level,or an unlockable phantom zone/Kandor challenge as well would be cool?.

Ah heck,lets have the ability to fly hundreds of miles out to sea to save a sinking ship,or to put out an oil rig fire,then have to fly back to Metropolis at real super speed.

Lets have the ability to go into orbit to assist the space station,or even to a moon base!,they should really go for it with the game,I'd even wait years for the next gen of consoles if it means getting a huge detailed deep game that was awesome.

I'm hoping we get a really good game with all the depth and possibilities that you mention,but I don't think it will happen until Man of Steel shows that it will be a box office success,and there is real interest from gamer's.

And the success of the Bat games can only help,and should show the companies that it would be profitable,and would warrant the money and time invested to develop and make a really good Superman game.

Greeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote