View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #19
demitri_vampiro
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Action Scenes

like many said, cap has action scenes, but not really memorable. no real money shots. the same kin of goes with other marvel films. its as if they are playing it a bit safe. they do good story, but they really need to pick up on the action and money shots.
cap is a supersoldier, yet when he fighgts i dont get the impression that he posesses hightened strength or speed and agility. sure he takes out bad guys with ease, but so does steaven seagal or rambo. like some mentioned he should have a more distinct fighting stile. also i remember one episode from x-men tas where wolverine and cap were fighting together and in one shot cap threw his shield through one of the robots and the camera was following the shield during this scene as it went through the robot. something like that would have been cool in the movie as well. also for heroes like cap who doesnt have some cg powers, you need to work with camera more to make the action exciting. i dont mean just to make camera shake like michael bay, but it has to be more dynamic.
at the end, most comic book movies are action movies and the action should not be put to second plan and promote the movie only on good story. sure story is important but so is the action.