View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #42
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Default Re: Official WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
^ I'd like to think it went more like...

Logan: "Who can we name the school after?"
Hank: "Hmm.. someone who would be a good symbol, a martyr for Mutant rights.."
Bobby: "Well, Jean's still dead, it's been a few years now..."
Logan: "Perfect. She died a hero, i get my weird jean fetish jollies, and it'll really piss off Scott"
Bobby: "Trifecta!"
. Nah, the way they write Wolverine (and most of the overly masochistic comic relationships) is humorously pathetic. In real life, If you continually try to hook up with another man's wife after years of getting shot down it's pretty pathetic. I find it funny how much relationships in comics are "nerd fantasies" that prove how little the audience, and some of the writers I'm sure, know about women. Wolverine gets shot down earlier in the Len Wein and Claremont eras, his response? Try harder, and harder, and harder to impress Jean. Jean Grey, the girl who doesn't know what's good for her, and just needs a man's man like ole' Logan to show her the ropes. Of course one glance and Claremont and it's not hard to figure out why he may have written women that way.

Cyclops, on the other hand, is such a supreme douchebag in the Louise Simonson run it actually starts to resemble real life (I mean aside from her turning into a Goblin Queen and getting "killed" by Master Mold lol).

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote