View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #57
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Default Re: Hot Toys Michael Keaton Batman! NEW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
I'm not looking for an argument, I'm looking for discussion that's all.

I don't think Batman trained in the cowl. He would've trained prior to creating the Batsuit I think... but that's beside the point.

Actually I trained in fencing (foil and epee) for about 4 years in my youth, so I understand the limitations of the mask. You do learn to fight with the mask as you must... but I would also say that there is a possibility that you could fight better and have a slight advantage without a mask.
The point I'm trying to make is that if Batman were real he would need to conceal his face and he would train in and out of the suit. Again, you will fight how you train. I can't tell you how many young martial artists I've talked to who have been beaten on the street only because they weren't wearing their "colors".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
Helmet is different. I train jujitsu and kickboxing. Try fighting in a samurai helmet and then compare it to fighting in a motorcycle helmet. Theres a reason why Bale and Keaton said that the cowl is claustrophobic and diluting senses and perception
Who said anything about a motorcycle helmet? How is a samurai helmet differnent? It's basically a Darth Vader helmet, only with the eyes removed.

Last edited by Alex Logan; 10-05-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote