View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #40
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Default Re: A Spider-Woman film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I think Spider-Woman is probably one person who does have to be. She's frequently acknowledged as one of the sexiest female characters with one of the sexiest costumes and best hair. Also, because she's constantly emitting all these pheremones as part of her natural body chemistry, she makes men everywhere immediately attracted to her. I think part of that would have to involve extreme sexiness from the actress playing her. You don't want to portray it as some plain or average looking broad whom everyone is attracted to. She should be dripping in sexiness and sensuality. She should be sex on legs, but also requires a good actress for the part as she's quite a complex, conflicted character.

Spider-Woman is more about sexuality than physical toughness, even though she is super strong. That's why Michelle Ryan is just too average to be her, especially if her only qualification is that she's able to kick ass.
I disagree. Look at all the female leads withing various tv shows that have been successful; Gwen from Torchwood, the leads from series' like The Killing, Chase, The Closure. All of these actress have on thing in common; they are not hot. Reasonable good looking, but not hot. I think hot is a distraction when it comes to being believably tough. Not saying the two can't co-exist on screen, but so far all attempts have made the woman look very campy. Hollywood too often goes for the hot looking woman in hopes that it'll fill seats; they need to focus way more on the womans emotional ranges as an actress. Yes, i thnk Haylel Atwell is hot; but i thought this way back when, when i saw her in POTE; back when nobody had heard of her. She's not Maxim Magazine hot, she's just a naturally good looking woman, who caught my attention by her acting ability first.