View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 03:44 PM   #122
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Danny Elfman Appreciation Thread!

Speaking of Real Steel. Just got back from the movie. Eventhough I was dreading to see it. Even to hear what Elfman came up with for it . I actually thought it was pretty good and better than I expected it to be. It's a very entertaining and fun movie nothing more. Definitely prefer this over Bay's Transformers movies (eventhough I stilll haven't seen TDOTM). I recommend it to those who want to have a fun time. Definitely not as bad as the trailers look.

Elfman's score was used well in the film. Better than I expected. I thought it was going to be mostly Hip Hop/Rap/Techno music (though there was plenty) hogging the soundtrack from Elfman. Turns out there was plenty of Elfman music in the film. He even got to score the final round in the movie. Which really added an emotional punch (pun intended) in the end. The score reminds me a bit of "The Kingdom" in some parts but that's not a complaint. B/c I'm one of the few fans of that score. Atom's theme is very catchy and used well whenever used. It's a theme (for those who care about humming a theme after they watch a movie) you can actually hum. I can't wait to pick up the score on it's release. A very solid score from Elfman.

Last edited by Elevator Man; 10-08-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote