View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:05 PM   #18
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Biggest Disappointment - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Why not?
The movie already has Joker as the main villain while showcasing the rise and fall of Dent/Twoface. Do you really need Scarecrow to return for 20 min or at all ? Eventhough the cameo didn't bother me much. But you could've replaced Crane with any other drug dealing criminal and it wouldn't have been any different.

Quote:
It ended up being a cameo. They decided to make it a cameo. Crane's apparition being a cameo wasn't a pre-conceived mandatory thing to be.
Which was a smart move b/c I don't like this take on Scarecrow. The less of this Scarecrow the better. Besides Ledger's Joker was more interesting than what Murphy cooked up for Scarecrow in both films.

Quote:
The comics have done great things with Crane also. Which was what I was expecting.
That's true. But I wasn't expecting much from this Scarecrow. So a cameo was enough for me. There's always the rumored Batman reboot. To explore more of Scarecrow.

Quote:
Yeah, it's like the old joke, 'food here is terrible,' 'yeah, and they serve such small portions!'

But instead of being happy because I got little of what was crappy (I also didn't like this version or Murphy's superficial acting), I'd have prefered to have a lot of a good take on Scarecrow.
Me too. But I knew that wasn't going happen with Nolan watering down the character. Like I said there's always that reboot.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote