View Single Post
Old 10-23-2011, 04:17 PM   #43
KRIM
Banned User

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
About the sex: anyone having problems with it isn't talking about the fact that Batman and Catwoman are getting it on, they're talking about the way they're shown to be getting it on.
There are at least 2 people here who have made it clear that they consider sex itself to be an abhorrent matter with no place in comics, so this assessment isn't totally accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
Yes but this isn't presented as a character study showcasing deep-rooted erotic expression,
Doesn't have to be. It is inherent to the characters and suits themselves.

Quote:
it isn't even about two characters fulfilling their mutual lust, it's two characters fulfilling the lust of readers, and done with bland mediocrity. I would be among the first to buy a book that explores the sex-life of Batman and Catwoman, but I highly doubt this is what we're getting here.
Believe me, I'm against the presentation there as well. However this has been over a month long discussion, and this new issue is only extending the same scene that set off the debates in the first place. I've exhausted enough time on it to just wait until Judd either makes the same mistake, or manages to flip this around and turn it into something redeemable.

KRIM is offline   Reply With Quote