View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #58
vernitagreen
Banned User

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
The question here is why show it? What does it contribute to the story? Why is it there?
the question should be WHY NOT show it. not why it was shown. in that very same issue catwoman is clawing a guys eyes out yet you have absolutely no problem with that yet a scene with her having sex with batman disturbs you? sexuality is natural and it's been a part of catwomans character for centuries. scene was even E rated if you compare it to movie sex scenes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I think we know the answer. It contributes nothing but bad writing and the realization of teen boy fantasies. I think saying so doesn't make me a prude. I think it just makes me aware of the cheap trick the writers are using.

bad writing? did you even read the issue? judd winnick has done superbly on the catwoman series. both 1 and 2 are remarkable and perfectly display the raw unfiltered tone of the catwoman reboot. it seems to me you have no problem with violence being graphically displayed but a sex scene where no penetration and the people are fully clothed bothers you. yes very prudish. you asked earlier what did it contribute to the story? it contributed to us knowing the mindset of this new rebooted catwoman how she interacts with this batman basically treating him like a toy and discarding him after shes done with him. just like a cat. it wasn't meant to be a love scene it was meant to show how twisted and untamed her attraction for batman is and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
I think Anne is ''bland looking'' most of the time, but you cant deny her acting talents.

really? i've only seen her in a few films and her acting was EXTREMELY wooden. i came on this board the minute i heard catwoman would be appearing in the new batman. However i was quite disappointed to find it was anne playing her. i really can't imagine her pulling off the confident sexiness that catwoman exudes.

Last edited by vernitagreen; 10-24-2011 at 12:25 AM.
vernitagreen is offline   Reply With Quote