View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 02:32 AM   #67
Boom
I got nothin'

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XVII

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIM View Post
Having a sexless Batman never sat right with me for a variety of reasons. A public and attractive figure such as Bruce would immediately attract gossip and attention should his constant aversion to physical encounters with women reach a boiling point. Also, to write off a basic human drive as mere distraction, reeks of a misunderstanding in human nature. I'm open to contention here, but repression of natural urges would logically be the behavior that leads to more complications, and thus, said distractions.

A fair compromise would be a Bruce who refuses long-term romance, but isn't so uptight in short-term "engagements". You can keep his humanity while simultaneously giving him that confined space he chooses to box himself in.
See, this is where things get tricky.

I don't so much mind the idea of "Billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne" having sex. For a media darling, that's to be expected.

But Bruce having sex with celebrities, much like everything else in his day life, would be a front. It's for appearance's sake - solely to deflect suspicion off of himself. Even having a one-night stand with a gorgeous model would be for the sake of Batman - not necessarily for personal pleasure.

But with Selina and Talia (and other female characters), there's a personal and intimate connection. Suddenly, Bruce Wayne is making decisions despite what they may mean for Batman. The line between the two personas would be blurred. Again, it may just be my personal interpretation, but he can't allow Bruce Wayne to bleed into Batman. The two have to be separate.

Last edited by Boom; 10-24-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote