View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
mehrabix
Side-Kick

Default Re: IGN's Top 25 Comic Book Movies

IGN is unhealthily obsessed with DC and especially Batman!

Spider-man 2 is the best comic book movie of all time. (As the great Roger Ebert says: " Spider-Man 2 is a real movie, full-blooded and smart, with qualities even for those who have no idea who Stan Lee is. It's a superhero movie for people who don't go to superhero movies, and for those who do, it's the one they've been yearning for"). The Dark Knight was a great thriller but it wasn’t even a decent superhero movie. It is the most overrated movie of all time.
You see, a good super hero movie is the one that is fun and serious at the same time and to some extent exaggerated. But Dark Knight is anything but fun. Actually it is so mature and takes itself so damn seriously that it is no longer recognizable as a superhero movie. That is exactly the same problem I have with the Watchmen comic too. I mean if wanted to waste my time with something so literary and deep, I would go read "War and Peace" or watch the Tarkovsky movies! but It is as I said before a really well-directed and well- acted thriller.
By the way, Metacritic reports a score of 83 out of 100 for Spider-Man 2 but a score of 82 out of 100 for the Dark Knight based on the reviews of the top critics!

Last edited by mehrabix; 10-25-2011 at 09:12 AM.
mehrabix is offline   Reply With Quote