View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:27 AM   #48
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Default Re: IGN's Top 25 Comic Book Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrabix View Post
You may simply refer to various forum discussions on this very website to realize that majority of the people here don’t trust IMDB. It seems that the consensus on IMDB is: "IGNORE IT!".
In my humble opinion Batman Begins is the best Batman movie ever even better than the Dark Knight (which I don’t consider as even a decent superhero movie but a really great thriller) but it is not in the first Spider-Man's league and my discussions with many fans confirms this .
I'm sorry, but you can't discredit IMDB and then try to say your personal conversations and other anecdotal evidence (click the link for the definition) is proof that people like Spider-Man more than BB. That's about as non-scientific a poll as you could possibly invent. That's just basic common sense.

Secondly, what upsets me even more, though, is your statement about TDK. Again, I"m sorry, but I've read numerous Batman comics that have matched TDK quite exactly in terms of tone and content. To say that that isn't a good Batman movie is just showing a lack of knowledge of the source material.

Thematically, TDK borrowed heavy from books such as:

Gotham Central
The Joker
War Games

All of which were extremely gritty and (mainly) realistic thrillers.

And it, quite obviously, directly borrowed plot elements from:

Batman #1
The Long Halloween