View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #44
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Default Re: Mandarin discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And I agree with all of that.
But that would give us a Mandarin who already has the rings, and would make Fin Fang Foom redundant and utterly unnecessary (in Avengers, IM, or any other film).

I just think that Favreau himself has hurt the chances of Mandarin showing up, with the way he set up the "Ten Rings" in IM1, and the fact that he's done absolutely nothing to reference Mandy specifically in either of his two IM films. The statute of limitations has run out, more or less; if Mandarin ain't in it yet, he ain't gonna be in it ever.
I think instead of Justin Hammer, Favearu could have used Varko/Whiplash as the main antagonist against Stark in IM2, plus his shadowy backer/financial supporter aka The Mandarin lurking in the background (like Moriarty did in Sherlock Holmes). That way, they can set him up in IM3 without any problems.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America