View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 11:53 PM   #32
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Impossible. Batman is now a wanted fugitive for several murders because of Harvey Dent including the murder of Dent himself, who was broken by the Joker. The reason Batman took the blame is because "The Joker cannot win". He didn't want to let Joker break Gotham's spirit by letting them see what their precious White Knight Dent had turned into.

We've seen on set pics of Bane tearing up photos of Dent in public. We've seen that Blackgate prison was dedicated to Harvey Dent. We know they've filmed a massive chase scene between hordes of Cops and Batman on his BatPod. That's just the stuff people managed to snag on the days there was filming in public. Who knows what else is in the movie.
All of which we don't know the context of. Pictures paint a thousand words so no it's not impossible for the events of TDK to not play a part in driving Rises. The only thing left unfinished is Batman being on the run which is comparable to the Joker card reveal in Begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
The events of Begins had no such major repercussions. I don't know why you're saying there was no reference to the events of Begins in TDK. There was several. Just none of them involved Ra's:

- Scarecrow
- Falcone being in Arkham
- Wayne Manor being rebuilt
- Bruce talking to Rachel about when she told him she would wait for him when he doesn't need to be Batman any more
I clearly meant the events weren't the driving narrative for the sequel's story. TDK works independently, Rises will more than likely be the same. The question is will joker be mentioned? My answer is: does it matter?

Last edited by jmc; 11-09-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: clarification
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote