View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 02:07 PM   #67
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Oh come on. What possible conclusion can you arrive to from seeing Batman being chased by hordes of Cops after watching TDK?

It's not? Batman being chased for murders he didn't commit could not be a significant plot in TDKR? You honestly believe that Nolan would sweep such a thing under the rug?

Say what? Batman being handed a Joker card is the same as the batsignal being smashed and Batman being chased by Gordon's cops for several murders?

Your analogy doesn't even make any sense. The Joker card was a prelude to the Joker, who played a massive part in the sequel. The Joker card was not a left over plot point from anything in the main Begins plot.

Because the events of Begins and the events of TDK are apples and oranges. There was nothing left over to deal with from the LOS plot in Begins apart from Crane still being on the loose.

TDK left Gotham thinking Batman killed their precious Harvey Dent and several other people. Gordon smashed the batsignal. Batman was seen being chased by a bunch of Cops.

You see TDKR going independently without addressing any of that in any significant way, even though we've seen them film a massive chase scene between Batman and the Cops, and Bane publicly ripping up photos of Dent?

I clearly give Nolan more credit than you do for telling a story.

Do me a favour, don't reply to my posts with a hundred different quotes and maybe I'll respond.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote