View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #18
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maenalus View Post
Do think anyone with even a moderately dark sense of humor is evil?
It's fine to have a dark sense of humour about things that don't matter... but not about things that really are.

Quote:
No, I don't envision him saying that cowering innocents. But, maybe something more like walking up to them with a confident smile, helping them up and saying with a light chuckle: "Chillax eveyone, I'm a good guy" and then flying away.
Might work in a comedy film. Might work in a tv show from the 80s.

You know why?

Because in those settings, nothing is taken all that seriously.

But if your realistically looking at how he'd respond if he saved a bunch of people and they were terrified of him, and you DON'T think he'd take it seriously... well... I don't know what to say to that...

Quote:
Now let me guess how you'd have him respond "Oh God, what have I done?! They're afraid of me! I must go brood over the awful tragedy of it all!"
Guess again

I'm not saying it should make him wanna cry, that he should see their fear and break down and start begging 'please, don't be afraid of me'...

He knows that it's going to happen, he knows people will be afraid of him. That's something he's been preparing for his whole life. So he can take it. He knows that he has to earn their trust, and that hopefully, he CAN convince them that he's there to help.

So i'm not saying it should surprise him, or even upset him in a visible way...

I'm just saying he wouldn't find it funny

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote