View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 03:36 PM   #13
Cain
Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: Best Animated Batman Movie ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
I disagree.

While MOTP is an extremely well done film, I've never been too crazy about it's story. It was very well done and very intricate, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not a big fan of having an entire Batman movie centered around Bruce Wayne, and a relationship of his. Not that I wouldn't want that explored in some way, but I've always preferred to have those types of storylines play out as subplots.

I much rather prefer the interpretations of Batman that play off as more of a crime drama than anything, or feature more...psychotic main villains. Which is why I personally will always prefer Batman, BB, TDK, Under the Red Hood, etc. to MOTP.
I am and I don't mind if a relationship is also used to anchor his arc as long as it's done properly (also why I enjoy Batman Returns a lot). Though I will say that I could also fully understand your POV.

It's pretty easy to say that for most people the more compelling thing about Batman are his world itself and the whackos and sleeze balls that occupy it. There is a reason The Joker is so popular & outside of MoTP proves to be the only thing you need to make a Batman flick make a yachtload of cash.

For me though MoTP due mainly to Kevin Conroy's performance (voice acting is acting in terms of emotional range of expression as much as stage or live action film acting) is just the standard. It has the most alive and human Bruce Wayne/Batman depiction I've ever seen in media outside the comic books. His arc and everything used to push it forward is to me much more interesting than the way similar tropes were used in BB.

Pull list: Saga, The Manhattan Projects, Thief of Thieves, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Future's End, Action Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lanterns, Swamp Thing, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Justice League United, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, Worlds' Finest, Batman '66, Batgirl, Gotham Academy, Multiversity, X-O Manowar, Unity, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is online now   Reply With Quote