View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:12 PM   #32
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellTheWeird View Post
While IMO still easily the best adaptation or view of the origin of Batman comics or otherwise, and still a very ... very good movie, I agree. I do however think the scenery is pretty rich and had some vast landscapes at the start of the film, even in retrospect. We got the more broad, epic, sweeping view of Gotham City in The Dark Knight.

Goyer's stuff is kind of insulting at times, and Nolan hadn't hit his prime yet as a film maker. He was on the cusp of greatness, as was the film. As of now it's just an elite genre "comic book film" ... but it could've been more. The dialogue and nuances would've been much better if fine tuned by Jonah Nolan instead of Goyer. I wonder if Chris didn't feel confidant yet in his younger brother's abilities and didn't choose him to do it.

I also felt, you could've dove even more into the psychology of Bruce Wayne. Not that the film wasn't a total character piece, because it was, but I felt it could've been even more intimate and personal story about the creation of a urban vigilante, and ultimately ... hero.

I agree with many things here. But to me Nolan had reached a very high point with Memento, so I don't buy this thing that he was merely learning the ropes about directing in BB.

But yes, Goyer's dialogues and one-liners sucked many times. And add to that the half baked love interest and the fact that you have to wait one hour for Batman to appear so you can...not see him, and then I have many thing BUT the best origin movie ever.

Last edited by El Payaso; 12-01-2011 at 03:41 PM.
El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote