View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #33
SmellTheWeird
Banned User

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
I agree with many thuings here. But to em Nolan had reached a very high point with memento, so I don't buy this thing that he was merely learning the ropes about directing.
Not so much that he was some sort of bumbling, rookie film maker. Just that he hadn't reached his peak, yet. As of right now, from I'd say from The Dark Knight onwards, I would say Nolan is at his peak in terms of film making. Much the same way Burton peaked in the late 80's, early 90's, the way Scorcese peaked in the late 70's, early 80's, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
But yes, Goyer's dialogues and one-liners sucked many times. And add to that the half baked love interest and the fact that you have to wait one hour for Batman to appear so you can...not see him, and then I have many thing BUT the best origin movie ever.
Goyer's one liners at times, almost killed entire scenes. Specifically, the almost un-forgiveable "nice coat" line to me. It was SO forced, and out of place. I can't believe Nolan let that cap to an otherwise great scene, slip. It was like the ALIEN debut, but with Batman ... and then he says "nice coat" to coincidentally the same hobo he met 8 years earlier before he left Gotham. I didn't buy it, and didn't really see the purpose.

I'm pretty sure the half backed love interest was still studio enforced, and I still feel it has more logic and believability (how the characters are written) as being more believable than other comic book movies where characters instantly fall in love with people they just met. It's just Katie Holmes can't act, and Bale is notoriously horrible playing someone who is in love with another character.

I don't mind the quick cuts, and edit, making the character of Batman appear mysterious, monsterous, and very ninja like ... I get what Nolan was going for there.

I can excuse some of these things, but I kinf of get that sense that you really didn't like this film, so I don't think it's as bad as you make it out to be on the whole.

I absolutely think it's the best origin movie, for me. Batman Begins and Iron Man is right at it's heels. Mainly for RDJ and his character arc. But BEGINS cliched 3rd act (which defines almost all "comic book film") is still better than Iron Man's ATROCIOUSLY corny 3rd act.

The lines of dialogue in the 3rd act, make the at times off putting corny lines from BEGINS look like child's play. haha

SmellTheWeird is offline   Reply With Quote