View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #37
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Best, The Worst of Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsuicide View Post
17.Bound
There is a few episodes in your worst of list I like, but to this day I never understand the hate for this one. I guess since I never was totally enamored with Smallville's take of Lex, and episode showing him being a prick doesn't really bother me(although I do see complaints how the psycho female villain was rather misogynist of the producers, which had 0 effect on me). I give it bonus marks because I enjoy episodes where Clark is acting like a hero saving the problems of the day. I won't lie I am a huge Season 4 fan, I believe 19 episodes in S4 make my top 100.

In terms of my worst 40

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

1. Promise
2. Exodus

*gap*

3. Reckoning
4. Traveler
5. Beast

*gap*

6. Requiem
7. Power
8. Trespass
9. Exile

*gap*

10. Eternal
11. Hidden
12. Veritas
13. Calling
14. Quest
15. Doomsday
16. Arrival
17. Relic
18. Solitude
19. Ageless
20. Infamous
21. Legacy
22. Abyss

*gap*

23. Resurrection
24. Hero
25. Magnetic
26. Fever
27. Collateral
28. Prophecy
29. Noir
30. Sleeper
31. Nocturne
32. Oracle
33. Injustice
34. Supergirl

*gap*

35. Velocity
36. Mercy
37. Crisis
38. Sacrifice
39. Pandora
40. Forsaken
41. Crush
42. Shimmer
43. Disciple
44. Roulette
45. Obscura
46. Beacon
47. Tomb
48. Static

Wherever there is a gap, that just means an episode that falls into that grouping could be placed anywhere within that grouping give or take a few episodes. Episode 35(Velocity) is the point that I mentioned above I start becoming neutral to episodes overall as opposed to having negative feelings. I would even say the episodes I have from 23-34 can be watchable despite a lot of flaws, it's 22 and above I take issues with the episode.

I think going by my list, many episodes that revolve around Jor-El(directly or even indirectly) get low marks in my book. Of my worst 22 episodes, 11 of them have some link to Jor-El in them and of those 11, I would say in 7 of them the use of Jor-El was my biggest beef of the episode. I would say the shows use of Jor-El(and the Fortress of Solitude by proxy) probably was one of the weakest points of the series(as I said many times before the producers of the show needed to grab a dictionary and look up the term Solitude for it's meaning)

Last edited by SV Fan; 12-04-2011 at 01:46 PM.
SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote