View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin confirmed for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
It isn't even an OVA of the Jinchuu arc either but instead they're redoing the Kyoto arc which doesn't really need to be redone seeing as the anime already covered that ground pretty splendidly if you ask me.
EXACTLY!

Quote:
You'd think they'd do an OVA of the Jinchuu arc seeing as we never got a proper adaption. Sigh. Maybe if this new OVA does well like you mentioned they'll do Jinchuu next? At least I hope they will...
We already got two OVAs covering the Jinchu arc. While Trust and Betrayal was fantastic, Reflection was just far too depressing for something that should be light hearted. A new anime series is really the only way to properly do Jinchu.

Also, one of the customers at the comic book shop I go to works in the anime industry. He went into all sorts of detail on how poorly voice actors are, how ADV went under, how much work manga artists have to do with so little pay, and brought up that if the new Kenshin OVA does well, they'll look into going back to the anime to properly adapt the Jinchu arc.