View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 06:07 AM   #47
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maenalus View Post
^Then my role shall be to champion and revive that innocent frivolity.
Hey I'll back you up on that, don't get me wrong. Especially in kids tv shows/cartoons.

Everythings just gotten so dark and serious... If superheroes can't even be innocent and frivolous in something aimed at children, there is something very wrong with the world!

I just think that tone should be avoided in this reboot specifically.

MOS needs to be as thought provoking as BB/TDK, as successful at introducing as to the hero's 'home world' as Thor, as succesful at portraying a born hero as Captain America, as current events relevant as Iron Man, and the most visually stunning superhero film to ever grace our screens (without being too dark or weirdly filtered).

Hmmm, maybe I'm expecting a bit too much

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote