View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #69
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Which also means that, if Portman is contractually forced to play a role she doesn't want in a film she doesn't like for a director and a studio she doesn't agree with, you can damn well be sure that whatever role she plays will be phoned in; so you're almost *guaranteed* to have a sh***y performance for Jane Foster, with absolutely none of the chemistry from the previous films.

Seems to me that Marvel would prefer to just replace her, since they didn't have any problem at all replacing Rhodey or Banner.
Well I think the difference here is that neither Howard or Norton were signed on for more films I think after their performances in their previous films, whereas Natalie is already signed on for a sequel... so I'm guessing that Marvel wants to keep her.

Plus, unlike those two, from what I've read, there was no reported issues or tensions between Natalie and the director or the studio during her time filming Thor, whereas with Norton and Howard, there have been reports about some frictions between them and either the director or the studio or both.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote