View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #12
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: The "Nolan's views on Batman villains" thread

I think Nolan is much more mindful of the source-material than that. If anything, him choosing The Joker had more to do with that damned clown being "The Greatest" of them all, not necessarily the culmination of them all.

I mean, this is the same guy who's used... Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Henri Ducard, The Roman Falcone, Maroni, Zsaz, Two-Face, and Catwoman before moving onto Bane.

I loved that last interview where Nolan was talking about these villains having some sort of "archetype". It made me glad and sad at the same time -- on one hand with Bane we have someone who doesn't fall into the same ground as any other bad-guy from the gallery, but on the other... because he mentions archetypes... I just want to see his interpretations of every one else. But that's pushing it.

I'm glad we see Selina Kyle though. You can't have a Batman trilogy without mentioning Catwoman!

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote