View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #74
mclay18
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well I think the difference here is that neither Howard or Norton were signed on for more films I think after their performances in their previous films, whereas Natalie is already signed on for a sequel... so I'm guessing that Marvel wants to keep her.
Yeah. She said she was signed for three Thor movies.

And it's not as if MS is the only studio that has an ironclad clause. Remember when Emily Blunt was originally hired as Black Widow/Natalie Rushman? She couldn't do both IM-2 and Gulliver's Travels not only because of scheduling conflicts but also because Fox exercised its contract on her to do GT only.

And remember, when J.J. Abrams finally agreed on a script for ST2, Paramount extended and exercised its options on the main cast members so they can't take any other gig during filming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdude View Post
Oh, I wouldn't put it past Marvel to sue. I just question if we really need Portman or just another hot babe for the Enchantess. Is Kat Dennings obligated to return too?
You'll have to ask Dennings herself. But usually for supporting characters, actors sign a two film contract (one is a sequel option).

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote