View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #57
Kurosawa
Banned User

Default Re: What was Mark Waid's issues with the 1986 retelling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar Colossus View Post
You do make some valid points. Since Superman has been around for several decades and been handled by many creators he has grown far beyond the expectations of his creators. Personally I liked Byrne's interpretation of Superman; I did not like Miller's. I also feel that Alex Ross has a good take on him as well. Although it was indeed not originally the intention of Seigal and Shuster that Clark be the real person and that his parents live long into his career as Superman, I personally think he works best that way. There have been many memorable moments over the years seeing Clark's love and respect for his parents shape him into the hero that he is. I'm thus far not impressed at all with the New 52 version (but as I'm a big fan I will hang on). So there's my 2 cents for what it's worth.
.....oh and Colossus is not a moron; simple and pure hearted, but not a moron. (As a matter of fact archetypally they are brothers.)
Superman is not simple, however. He is a sophisticated Jewish urbanite, and a Renaissance man. And I'm loving the new 52 Superman.

Ross does have a great handle on the character, however. I think he should had the first shot a redesigning the costume if they just HAD to change it.

Kurosawa is offline   Reply With Quote