View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 11:58 PM   #61
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Default Re: What was Mark Waid's issues with the 1986 retelling?

I perfer John Byrne's take on Superman, and theMan-Bat did a great job of explaining why Byrne's Superman was so awesome. But I thought I'd give five reason why I perfer the Byrne era.

1. The Sole Survivor of the Planet Krypton. One of the appeals to me is that he was the last Kryptonian, the last of his race, he was unique in the universe.

2. Not as powerful. The Pre-Crisis Silver Age/ Bromze age Superman was os powerful that he moved Planets. You really wonder why you needed other heroes. I liked that he struggled to move things and even had to use a space suit to go into Space. there were limitations and to his powers.

3. Clark a more competent reporter. Clark wasn't clumsy, etc. I know Byrne got this from the George Reeves version which I liked.

4. Lex Luthor is a self-made corrupt corperate tycoon from the suicide slums. Who's hatred of Superman is out of the jealousy of the love of the people of Metropolis for the hero.

5. Both the Kents are alive to guide and support Clark.

Again theMan-Bat covered this stuff on the first page of this tread, and he did it better then me.

Last edited by Young Superman; 12-19-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Young Superman is offline   Reply With Quote