View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #54
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Superman/Clark Kent/Kal-El Characterization - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Reading Action Comics #1 for the first time has got me thinking.

Will we, maybe, just perhaps, see the more brutal Superman in this movie?

The difference would be from Superman politely knocking on a door, to smashing it down without a seconds thought.

That, in a way, does make Superman seem a guy that makes mistakes, which makes him someone the audience can relate to. I wouldn't mind that for the first movie, showing Superman growing more responsible and less of character like Batman. Cause the 1 real complaint about Batman Begins that I have, is for the fact that Bruce is dead sure of his path at the beginning of the movie. He doesn't seem to grow or show conflict within himself at all. He is who he is all throughout the movie. With Superman, I want to see him grow. Essentially from the character that he was from 1938, to who he was before Flashpoint. That would be interesting to see IMO.

Personally, I can accept that with flying colors IF it's handled properly though.

I would hope that by the end of the film though, that Superman will be shown as to why he's considered the best of heroes, and that it's not because of his powers, but because of his character.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote