View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 06:41 AM   #35
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Nolan's views on Batman villains" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
When you think about it, this movie only had one place to go, and that was Catwoman and Bane (and Talia). There's no way that Penguin, Riddler, Mr. Freeze, or anyone else could've worked in Nolan's interpretation. (Besides Black Mask)

In the reboot down the road, I can almost guarantee that we'll see some combination of Riddler, Freeze, and Penguin. Probably Riddler and Penguin if I had to put money on it.

But for TDKR, I'm surprised we didn't see it coming sooner. Poison Ivy, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Clayface. No one else could've worked in this movie besides Bane and Catwoman.
That's going to be hard to pull off following nolan without the campiness aspect creeping up. These characters are very easy to slip into campy territory especially if the "nolan realism" aspect is watered down a bit.

I mean how can you follow a menacing bane with a squawking dwarf or green suit/ bowler hat wearing menace? I actually think nolan could have worked quite well with bringing these characters to life if he chose to but it'll be hard seeing them as serious threats imo.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote