View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 03:15 PM   #47
NolansKnight
Banned User

Default Re: The "Nolan's views on Batman villains" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
And it's still a button-down, vest, tie, and suit pants with a long coat.
Once again ... ok? The shirt look I described would've made sense from a pyshcological perspective of TDK Joker.

Quote:
it's not dirty unless it's right after a fight.
Not really. It's always dirty. He lets the makeup rot, the coat is dirty, his hands have what look like makeup and blood on it.

Nolan said looking at him you should even get the sense he smells bad. That isn't vanity in the SLIGHTEST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart
Put it this way...he looks more 'Mod' than 'Grunge' to me, attire-wise....with both being anchored in rebellion et al, but the former having more 'neatness' to it.
He looks eccentric, GRUNGY, street like and psychotic. I don't know what "mod" is anyway. If you mean "mob", I don't think the Joker should ever be emulating a class of villain he's trying to one up.

Quote:
I think there may be a little vanity to this version of the Joker....
None, physically, what so ever. Even plays into the whole masochistic nature of the character. Wanting to die, "Now we're talking", "Cmon hit me", etc. He's willing to die. He doesn't care about his look.

He has arrogance of his actions. Calling it out on TV before it happens, because it makes it a GAME with Batman. But he's not vein at all.

NolansKnight is offline   Reply With Quote