View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #87
Why Are You Crouching Spock?
Banned User

Default Re: Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Well, Bruce's impossibility to have a normal life is that he's convinced Batman is necessary. But being about to quit before even starting his Batman mission... no thanks. I mean, that's a completely unnecessary new element that redefines the character. Bruce's parents being killed is not enough. I think Bruce has always been over women. A girl cannot be reason enough to prevent him from being Batman.

At least in TDK he had found a better man in Harvey Dent. And in BR Bruce was a soplitary and Catwoman was already what he was. I mean, in those movies, Bruce was Batman already so he knew what was he saying no to when he thought of quitting.
I can see what you are saying but I didn't have a problem with it at all. In the context of that specific plotline and it's themes, it's totally necessary for it to work properly. It creates empathy (again my personal preference) that the other movies fail at conveying. Batmans gets re-defined all the time As you probably know, in the original comic he was a murderer like phantasm, he also carried a gun. That got changed accordingly. Freeze and Harley Quinn's character change and introduction were a direct result of TAS.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? is offline   Reply With Quote