View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #45
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Default Re: The Best, The Worst of Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox View Post
Totally agreed. The entire Lois and Clark relationship here just felt rushed as a way to appease a CW audience so they would describe it on message boards as "OMG EPIC!!!!!!!".
See, I don't think I would call it rushed.

I mean, Lois was introduced in season 4 while Clana was going on and so they had to take it slow because of that. But even after she left at the end of season 7, all you had was the stirring feelings Lois was getting for Clark (and a little bit of vice versa) until season 9 hit.

It wasn't until that moment at the end of Rabid where Clark took Lana's picture out of his wallet and literally shut the book on her, that I felt their romance started properly.

FYI, I loved loved loved that moment. So simple and obvious, yet so damn effective in saying 'Yes, he's OVER HER now'.

But even then, it took they still had a long way to go before they were in a fully fledged relationship.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote