View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #82
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
And her function is done. You could easily have Thor come to Earth again for another purpose entirely, not even mention or see her, and nothing would feel unfinished. Oh...she was a 'love interest'. Right...how memorable was that?

Technically, sure you could point to how important she was in the actual plot, yadda-yadda. How did it feel, though? Was there electricity? Like we have to see where the relationship goes or something will feel lacking? That's why she's interchangeable.

Granted, I understand if not everyone has a high opinion on Jane's character; be that as it may, I respectfully disagree with that since Jane was designed to be a strong factor in helping Thor learn on how to be humble on Earth, and has been presented as his most intimate tie to Earth; along with the fact that the first film ENDED with Thor pining after Jane and wanting to reunite with her, vice versa.

She may not need to be in Thor 3...but I think it's a must for her to be included in Thor 2 in order to at least conclude their arc together.

Heck, Vicki Vale wasn't that much useful to the first Batman film and she at least got a mention as to why she wasn't in BR in the film.

Be that as it may, Portman IS returning for the Second one at least since she was confirmed to be in it alongside Tom and Chris; with one of the storylines for Thor 2 dealing with the development of Jane's and Thor's relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronosred View Post
If Jane doesn't return it makes the ending from the first movie pointless.
She's returning; she was the only one other than Chris and Tom that were CONFIRMED by Marvel Studios to be returning for the sequel when they had announced their official statement regarding "Thor 2". Whether she'll return for "Thor 3" is another question.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote