View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 02:13 AM   #83
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronosred View Post
If Jane doesn't return it makes the ending from the first movie pointless.
It's already rather pointless though, aside from him getting back home. All the first movie did was give us a live-action Thor to put into The Avengers movie. Portman was there for marquee value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Granted, I understand if not everyone has a high opinion on Jane's character; be that as it may, I respectfully disagree with that since Jane was designed to be a strong factor in helping Thor learn on how to be humble on Earth, and has been presented as his most intimate tie to Earth; along with the fact that the first film ENDED with Thor pining after Jane and wanting to reunite with her, vice versa.

She may not need to be in Thor 3...but I think it's a must for her to be included in Thor 2 in order to at least conclude their arc together.

Heck, Vicki Vale wasn't that much useful to the first Batman film and she at least got a mention as to why she wasn't in BR in the film.
One line...and that was more than enough. Also replaceable. There really wasn't much of an arc. Put it this way...Potts and Stark didn't even kiss in the first movie, and you felt there was some electricity you wanted to see again. And it may be more from the actual actors/chemistry than the story....but Thor had neither, even if they did express 'love' to eachother. I mean, most people don't even remember her character's name. Heck...people even remembered 'Vicki Vale' better than....well...Portman's character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Be that as it may, Portman IS returning for the Second one at least since she was confirmed to be in it alongside Tom and Chris; with one of the storylines for Thor 2 dealing with the development of Jane's and Thor's relationship.
Because she's Natalie Portman.

Not that I dislike the idea of her coming back...never bad to see her in anything, really. But c'mon...they could get another love interest/actress and not skip a beat except for not having Natalie Portman on the poster.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 12-31-2011 at 02:21 AM.
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote