View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #88
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
It ends on a cliffhanger where Jane is looking for him. I should hope she finds him.

I thought the chemistry between Nat and Chris was great with what we god but like you say it needed more. Thor 2 should give us more.

And if Science=Magic, I will not rest until I get Jane vs Enchantress

It did Thor's origin story a little unfaithfully but the basics were there. What else would you want out of the first Thor movie?

Who are these 'most people'? You must have really badly attentive friends

Except the entire ending and the growing tension throughout between them. That would be like Thor saying 'I met this girl who I grew to like considerably but I had to leave. We kissed and I promised to return for her. I miss her and she is looking for me but I've chosen to never see her again'. Are you Stan Lee? He wrote a similar crazy out for Jane in the 60's
Again, a lot is obvious and right there in the raw info, but it wasn't delivered like something we had to see continue. You watched a romance but you didn't really experience one with them like you do in other movies. We didn't feel it with Connelly and Bana's character in Hulk, either, even though Thor was a better movie. Chemistry, material, whatever be the reasons.

And its not about 'what more do you want', the movie...and more importantly an Avengers...works okay without making any more of it. It's plenty excusable. But don't make it out to actually be well done or vital/irrelpaceable moving forward, because it isn't.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)

Last edited by KalMart; 12-31-2011 at 06:17 PM.
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote