View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:47 PM   #51
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Default Re: The Official Maria Hill/Cobie Smulders Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Anyone who wants to see strong female characters trivialized, lobotomized and sexualized should see X-Men: First Class. Moira McTaggert went from being a geneticist and all-around badass in the comics to some sort of junior Fed who gets hit with every sexist put-down imaginable. She stripped off in her very first scene, Xavier mind-****ed her to erase her memories and in her last scene her superiors treated her like a moron.

Much as I hate Hill in the comics I'd rather she retain her clothes, her credibility and her dignity in the movie. Happily, Marvel Studios has done a great job of presenting interesting, strong women, even to the point of building characters up from the comics versions. I hope they continue to do so.
OMG, again, Xeno... co-signed. Hard. This is also why I have some issues with other CBMs that shall heretofore remain nameless. I love MCU's female characters. Especially Pepper and Peggy. The filmmakers and actresses found ways to build female characters who are formidable in their own right. Since I adore Cobie Smulders and Joss Whedon and how he writes females (most of the time) I have high hopes for Hill in The Avengers.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote