View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #96
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: The Video Game Thread

Concept art for the cancelled Superman game...

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/01...all-star-cast/

Quote:
Canceled Superman Game Had An All Star Cast

Posted by Allan Muir on January - 7 - 2012 0 Comment

Earlier this week a sequel to Lego Batman was announced and it features more of the DC Universe than before. Featured in the upcoming game is Superman. Aside from DC Universe Online, Superman hasn’t appeared in a video game since Superman Returns in 2006. Before Factor 5 shut it’s doors it was working on a Superman game that looked very promising. People hoped that it would break the cycle of bad Superman games that still goes to this day.
Going by the codename “Blue Steel” the game was going to feature a who’s who of Superman villains that have and haven’t been seen in the Video Game medium. Daveed Kaplan, who worked on the game in ’08 has released some of the concept art for the canceled game that makes us all scream a nerd cry.

Superman
Power Suit version of Lex Luthor
Kalibak, son of Darkseid
Darkseid
General Zod

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote